GIVEN: Student will have access to all materials (Combination square, steel rule, tin snips, scribe,
Center punch and sheet metal hammer).
YOU WILL: Accurately measure, layout, cut and assemble sheet metal 90-degree duct.
HOW WELL: Your performance will be accessed using the performance standards on pg. 4
1. Review all sketches on job prior to fabricating.
2. Ensure material is in stock (26 ga.)
3. Cut all material to cut size.
4. Run necessary edges in Pittsburg Seamer
5. Assemble and check measurements and square.
Metal Fabrication 1 - 10
Directions Given: Given access to all the tools, equipment and previous instruction, you will safely and accurately, layout cut and fabricate an 8” x 14” sheet metal 90-degree duct.
Performance Standards: Yes No
1. Was the sketch or drawing reviewed prior to fabrication?
2. Was the proper size gauge material used (26 ga.)
3. Was the cut size material accurate?
4. Was the Layout accurate?
5. Were the Pittsburg Seams on the correct edges?
6. Were the scribe and center punch marks accurate?
7. Were all three sections notched out correctly?
8. Were the 90- degree brake bends accurate?
9. Did the cheeks, throat and heel fit together?
10. Was the final hammering of seams visually acceptable?
Program Task 1 - 10
Competency-Based Vocational Education
Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical
840 County Street
Taunton, Ma. 02780
PROGRAM METAL FABRICATION
DUTY L Layout and form a sheet metal 90-degree duct
INTRODUCTION In completing this task you will learn how to properly layout and fabricate a flat 90-degree elbow duct.
Program Duty Revised
Metal Fabrication Task No. 1 - 10 8-8-05
DUTY TASK LISTING
L-01 Review sketches or Drawings (cheeks, heel and throat)
L-02 Gauge Material Needed
L-03 Gather all Material (scribe, Combination square, steel rule, tin snips , center punch and sheet metal hammer).
L-05 Layout and scribe lines on cheeks
L-06 Layout and scribe lines on heel
L-07 Layout and scribe lines on throat
L-08 Cut all three sections on shear and tin snips
L-09 Run the heel through Pittsburg Seamer.
L-10 Assemble cheeks, heel and throat to make 90 degree elbow.